×
David Gonzales

David Gonzales

David is a seasoned iGaming and gambling news reporter, delivering in-depth coverage of the latest industry trends, regulatory developments, and market shifts across the globe. With years of experience in journalism, he specializes in breaking news, expert analysis, and exclusive interviews with key stakeholders in the fast-paced world of online gambling.His work has been featured in leading international iGaming publications, where he provides sharp insights into emerging markets, technological innovations, and the evolving legal landscape of gambling. Whether reporting on North America’s booming sports betting scene, Europe’s regulatory challenges, or Asia’s underground gambling trends, David brings a global perspective to his audience.As an author, he has contributed to industry reports, whitepapers, and thought leadership pieces that shape the conversation around responsible gambling, cryptocurrency in betting, and the future of digital casinos.Follow David for accurate, timely, and engaging coverage of the iGaming industry—where high stakes meet high-quality journalism.(For media inquiries, collaborations, or interviews, contact: david[at]listofallcasinos.com)

A day before the summary proceedings in The Hague District Court, Tom Beugelsdijk gained access to his gambling data at Unibet. Beugelsdijk wanted to use the court to find out how much money he lost when Unibet was still active without a Ksa license before 2021. Despite the fact that the former soccer player has the information, lawyer Benzi Loonstein demands compensation of €20,000 from Unibet.

After it was revealed in April that interest group Gokverliesterug had filed summary proceedings against Unibet, news followed a month later that former soccer player Tom Beugelsdijk had also gone to court. Just like in the summary proceedings of Gokverliesterug, Beugelsdijk wanted access to his gambling data from the period before 2021 at Unibet.

The hearing for Beugelsdijk’s summary proceedings was scheduled for Friday morning in the court in The Hague. At the start of the hearing, it was revealed that the company Risepoint, on behalf of Unibet, had still sent Beugelsdijk’s data. That happened on Thursday evening around 10:45 PM, according to reports.

With the sending of the data, the original necessity of the summary proceedings disappeared.

Claim of €20,000

Benzi Loonstein, lawyer for Beugelsdijk and many other Dutch gamblers who are reclaiming their gambling losses, was not happy with the time at which the data was sent.

He therefore demanded an amount of €20,000 from Risepoint Limited, which previously operated as Trannel International and a subsidiary of Kindred, as compensation for the attorney fees. On his LinkedIn page, he says the following about this:

“Unibet’s actions are unacceptable to us. Clients are knowingly saddled with costs. Only to suddenly comply with the request the evening before the hearing. This is not acceptable. That is why we asked the judge to reimburse Tom’s full legal costs. That is possible in exceptional cases. In our opinion, this is an exceptional and appropriate case. It is to be hoped that the judge will agree with this, because otherwise large parties can continue to ‘bully consumers’ in this way. We shouldn’t want that in the Netherlands. It’s about more than just numbers; it is also a matter of principle.”

Benzi Loonstein, lawyer

The gambling company does not want to cooperate with this and only wants to reimburse the costs of the lawsuit. The judge will rule on this matter by June 6 at the latest.

What Beugelsdijk will do as the next step now that he has the transaction data in his possession is not yet known. He says that he still needs to discuss this with his lawyer, who indicated that it had been a long morning in court.



Stay ahead of the curve in the fast-paced online casino world – explore the latest updates and trends at listofallcasinos.com.
© Copyright 2025 List of all Casinos